Omg... someone changed my password HOW?!

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

Ok... I changed the CC info... AND password... and no one knows the password... how is it possible they changed my password?! I JUST got d/ced (SE is closed)... Is it possible I get the password reset? :/
Prince
L33t Botter

You need the CC number, and possibly your adress, with those you can do anything. (Well your ID, but thats kinda obvious)
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

Thank you... I dont know HOW... I was JUST Playing... and got d/ced and I can't log back in...
snake4027
L33t Botter

thats prolly a keylogger on your PC, scan your PC maybe you will find it
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

I just reinstalled windows... is that even possible? and I just used Adaware... can't find it... what should I use?
Wakachiba
L33t Botter

Hm... I would suggest wait for SE to open. They probably will not do anything to help you, however, it is worth a shot.
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

shit... they ask for the original name on the account... and I wasn't the first owner... shit shit shit!!!
Wakachiba
L33t Botter

You bought/recieved the account w/o getting that little piece of "important" information? Hopefully, you can contact the one you recieved the account for.
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

I never knew it was important... seriously... this is SO fuckin weird... I just reinstalled my comp two days ago... key loggr? I didn't even download anything... it's just ALL to weird... it's almost like a ghost... or something...
snake4027
L33t Botter

Kosmoe wrote:I never knew it was important... seriously... this is SO fuckin weird... I just reinstalled my comp two days ago... key loggr? I didn't even download anything... it's just ALL to weird... it's almost like a ghost... or something...
lol i had to reinstall windows yesterday, hope it doesnt happen to me o.o
Wakachiba
L33t Botter

lol I don't know what to tell you.
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

Got it back... a missunderstanding with the original owner... had to pay him $50 to call POL though...
Last edited by Kosmoe on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wakachiba
L33t Botter

Did the seller send you a possible attachment that you needed to download in order to recieve? If so, he could have included a key logger along w/ the account information. You change PW; key logger records it. Seller has new PW now and the acount to resale. It's possible. Actually, I have no idea. The thought just came to me.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I've also heard of people selling over the weekend when apparently SE's account center isn't open so you can't change personal info and as soon as it opens on monday the seller changes the PW and info so that they have the account back. If this is done though they would risk the buyer stripping the char though since the person can login to the char until it is changed.
Wakachiba
L33t Botter

There are probably a lot of ways for "Scam Artist" to fraud accounts. People have to be very cautious and should always use a middle man when dwelling in the matters of account purchases.

Return to “Lounge”