To all those banned in the 2k banning.

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Zamphire

I have a question for you guys. Did anyone who was banned in the mass banning besides me, visit the undersea ruins before they were opened? I know I did it, and I was thinking this might have been how they cought me, cuz I've never had a GM called on me.
Zero_Racer
Helpfull Botter

i used pos to warp to Kirin 2 days before it happened, and i wasnt on for about 2 weeks before that time.
Pwest
Botter on the rise

I got caught Red Handed POS.exe during Mamool Ja Assault, GM was standing in the last room i was in, but i had used POS tons before, but im pretty sure the perma-ban came from the assault lol
t0xIc
Pro Botter

POS is highly detectable and is flagged to GM's just was whether or not they would make the decsion to do something, sounds like POL said do it. meaning they compiled a list of all account they found moving locations, I've never personally used POS, but I suppose it moves your location, ok and unlike D2 SB and other games, your info is all held on a server, and you moving unnormal is like hey loook at me, just paint me traffic cone orange and watch me move
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

well it is detecable if they look for it. But there are many who use it, infrequently and never in popular exploit areas, like myself who have never been caught for it. I did use it while they were gathering info to do the mass ban but I never caught their attention. This is why zamp was wondering if that spot in specific was in common because they could have set it to flag someones account if they were in a specific zone and their pos coord values entered a certain range. This method is impractical for them to do for everywhere becasue of resources but they could easily set it up on specific locations without much effort or server resources(ahem, cough, BCNM, cough, assault, cough). Not to say they may not have done other measures but I would be surprised if they did anything beyond what I described.
astokes

I have never had a ban, and i have been useing pos since we first found it. but the way i will use it is it i have been in that zone for more than 20 mins. i know i have been watched by GM's but that was along time ago.
Zamphire

I've been using it since it came out as well and this was my first ban. That's why I'm thinking it had to be something stupid I did, like the Alzadaal undersea ruins thing
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

not sure if that was it or not but it definitely would have been a easy way to snag you so it wouldn't surprise me at all

Return to “Lounge”