resting

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Enhancing software.
argonne
NewB Botter

I'm new to using bots, i tested it out but after my mp ran out. The bot just stood there doing nothing. Do i need to put in a rest line?
burners
Site Admin

Gimmie a min to check it out and see.

This bot was just finished today.
burners
Site Admin

also moving this to the help section.
burners
Site Admin

So far working ok for me.

The only thing I can think of as of right now is our keyboard settings.

Please make sure your keyboard is set to Standard and NOT Compact.

In other words make sure you can heal by using the followiing key combination.

ALT + H

let me know if the problem still persists, thanks
endersblade

I have a similar problem...MP runs out, char goes down to heal, but NEVER gets back up...I let it run overnight, I had an ENTIRE chat log full of "Cannot use that command while healing." I ran it in bastok markets, standart speed, with Cure (and +1 for Cure II) and protect (+1 for Protect II). Cast the spells just fine, just wouldn't stand back up.
burners
Site Admin

your problem endersblade is totally different from the authors, if you are healing then the problem is elsewhere, although I cant see where since the bot uses ALT H to heal and get up, so if its healing then it should be getting up as well.

Also its nearly the same code that tells the bot when the MP is low as the code that tells the bot when its full.

So I really dont know what the problem could be off hand, the best suggestion I have is to go through the anouncements and sticky's in this help section and make sure everything is 100% the same as suggested.

Also make sure you gamma,brightness,contrast settings are default on both your vid card and the ffxi config.
Game2day2004

I just sent you a PM about this burners, but I think i figured out the problem with the healing. I empathize with you endersblade because I had the same problem, but never fear i think i figured it out:

The problem is that the character is still selecting himself while healing when it shouldnt be selecting anything. A simple line that sends the Escape key should do the trick. Try watching the bot when he goes down to heal, then as soon as he gets down press escape to make him/her deselect his/herself. This seemed to be the problem for me, at least with the enhancing bot. I didnt test the other bots yet. Hopefully burners can emulate these results too.
burners
Site Admin

I will make another update for the bot to try to fix this but it is going to be a little while before I can afford a new video card.

For those of you that dont know my vid card went out when I moved my computer from the desk to the floor and I dont have $300 right now to dish out on a new one.

So I am currently using an old tnt2 which wont run ffxi.
kodyRoss

I have the same problem, bot drains MP using Heals and PRotect, and then rests, but never gets back up.. tried it several times, and same results.

Do we have a fix to this yet? I see that someone suggested that you add an 'escape' line in there somewhere. Is this something I can do myself? Or is it a programming thing?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
burners
Site Admin

Will add it in over the weekend and see what happens
Kosmoe
Advanced Botter

or... just buy a verm cloak :P or be a RDM and refresh XD~~~ or get SMN's auto refresh
burners
Site Admin

Escape has been added, check it out and see if it solves the issue.

8)
Murinn

I'm having the same problem, I can rest, but can't get up. I just downloaded this today.
burners
Site Admin

Are you using the windower ?

Thats been known to cause this sort of problem
Murinn

No, I'm not using the windower. Sometimes it'll get me up after I rest and sometimes it won't. And sometimes it won't make me rest at all.

Return to “Help - Enhancing Bot”