windower

Help for the new Rogue Tools GUI
justinsane
Advanced Botter

Useing windower 3.41 every thing was working fine untill the update, however at the same time i was updateing ffxi i was also upgradeing avg to v9. Some times the game locks up compleatly and sometimes a small window will pop up saying pol incountered an error. If I move the window to the side the game still plays but the error message always stays on top. Has windower 3.41 been broken with the new update or is my anti virus somehow blocking it?
Hammy025
Site Admin

2 things. One is that two of windower's pluggins broke during the update, recast (is causing your crash) and chatmon (just isn't working 100% correctly). Chatmon has been fixed, but recast hasn't yet.

The second thing is AVG9. I've heard similar reports where a small window pops up that's not visible, but you have to alt-tab off of it to keep playing. I haven't heard of it totally locking up ffxi, but it could be the difference between XP and Vista, idk. I don't yet know of a solution for this other than down grading back to AVG8. My friend tried turning off everything he could in AVG and it was still happening.

First person to find a solution to the AVG 9 issues, please post it.
justinsane
Advanced Botter

Okay been tweaking with avg trying to figure what is locking it up, after going through all that i could think of i went in the start up manager and turned avg completely off and restarted my PC. Still crashed. It gets to the point where the windower programs are loading and just locks up. I'm going to try turning off some of the windower programs and see if any of are locking it up.

Disabled the recast and no more crashing, until i shut down the game. That i can live with, i was turning it off anyways. Far as i can tell avg 9 isn't doing any thing to the game unless that is the cause of the crash when i log out or shutdown.
Hammy025
Site Admin

How does it crash when you shutdown? Like you log out to POL and it crashes then? I know windower crashes if you log out to POL, then try to log into ffxi again, that's a known issue I think.

And I just read that recast is updated.

https://wiki.windower.net/plugins/recast

Anyway, the AVG thing doesn't cause crashes, it just takes focus off of ffxi every now and then by opening an invisible window. Do you get that at all?
justinsane
Advanced Botter

when i type the command /logout or /shutdown after the countdown the box pops up and said something like there was a problem with pol and needed to shutdown. I don't know any thing about a box however you can put avg in gaming mode and then it wont throw out pop ups when it sees your playing a game in full screen mode. I don't know if that will help the issue. It's in the firewall settings. I will keep fooling with it and see what else I can find out. I love AVG its lite as hell and does just a well if not better than the larger anti virus programs.

Return to “Help - Rogue Tools”