Banned IP?

Check out the latest Burnersware Site and Software News in here
Hammy025
Site Admin

I've had 2 people contact me today because they can't log in from their PC because they are told their IP has been banned. It definitely wasn't done deliberately and it doesn't seem like it was even done accidentally. Meaning, the IP address they provided me is not on the banned IP list. Nothing on their account seems out of order at all.

So I'm just saying, if you have this problem, shoot me a PM from your phone or from another computer (if you're reading this I'm guessing you can log in from somewhere) and we'll sort it out.

I sent an email to Burners, so the expert is on the case.
burners
Site Admin

I unbanned all IP's and instead disabled non-paying members ability to post until I get some other security settings into effect.
I dont know how the latest version of PHPBB has these loopholes when people register, we use 3D captcha image with e-mail authentication.
You would think that would be enough, I really think its not bots doing this but instead little asian kids who sign up on a few hundred forums a day with the same account and password then sell those logins to spammers?
I dunno maybe thats far fetched but how else could bots get around that shit
Hammy025
Site Admin

Burners wrote:You would think that would be enough, I really think its not bots doing this but instead little asian kids who sign up on a few hundred forums a day with the same account and password then sell those logins to spammers?
I dunno maybe thats far fetched but how else could bots get around that shit
I don't think it's far fetched, I think it's a good possibility. And maybe I should move to China and become one of these kids. Can you say "salary increase"?
burners
Site Admin

I think we're to old to be one of those kids but we could be like upper management where our job is to whip the kids while yelling in Chinese and at the end of the day we have to check the kids numbers to make sure they signed up for enough forums.

Return to “Site & Software News”