Money And Grinding Spots Guide Part 1

World of Warcraft Guides
burners
Site Admin

Money/Xp Grinding Locations

Salt Flats - 7 / 10

If you are lvl 30 - 36 you can goto the salt flats, i would recommend a bit higher then lvl 30 if you want to grind but, because you will have to rest after every fight and cant grind very efficiently, i went at lvl 32. The Salt flats have a wide range of beats including Turtles, Basilisks, Vultures and Scorpions. These mobs are all good for xp, as they are around the lvl range i said before, but they drop heaps of random bits and pieces, like shells, wings, bones, scales, claws etc. These parts all stack in lots of 5 or 10, and there are loads of them down there so you can build up a fair bit quite quickly, and this stuff really adds up when u go to sell it at a vendor, i had no trouble making up around 10g after a few hours, and heaps of xp to. 10g might not sound much to higher lvls but makes mount money a lot faster to get.

Tanaris Turtles - 8 / 10

All along the coastline from a little north of Steemwhindle Port, or however you spell it, to up near Lost Rigger Cove, there are turtles called Snapjaws, which range in lvl from 42 - 45 from memory and are a Neutral Mob until you attack them, which makes grinding them that much easier when there is no aggro to worry about. These Turtles are great, as well as having great xp, they drop scales, and shell fragments which sell for a lot, a stack of 5 shell fragments is around 50s, and scales sell for a couple of silver each also i think. On top of this they drop Big - Mouth Clams, which can contain Black, Iredescent and Small Lusterous Pearls, which also sell great on AH. I had no trouble making a lot of money on these guys, just watch out for the opposing faction handing in Quests at the NPC's around there, i got ganked a few times. But really these guys are great, if you are around that level give them a try, i made about 50g off them in the few lvls i was there, i got about 12 Green Items to.

Lost Rigger Cove - 9.9 / 10

What can i say, i absolutely love this place, its incredible to say the least. This cove is filled with lvl 44 - 46 humanoid pirates, and stacks of them. The Humanoids drop Silver, Mageweave Cloth, Common Grey Weapons that sell at a vendor for almost 1g each, Lockboxes and all sorts of Green / Blue and Epic Items. I grinded lvl 45 - 49 here, even at 49 when the xp was getting low, it was to good to leave. You get heaps of mageweave, which i sell on AH for 1g Per Stack, or you can vendor for 50s a stack. They drop lockboxes, the lockboxes contain random vendor junk, silver and sometimes map fragments, or a key. The map fragments are for a chest you can find on another beach in tanaris, once you have all 3 parts, this chest has minimum 3 green items, u can get blue items in it if your lucky. The Key that may drop, is for a chest in a pirate ship in the area, which also has a green item and possibly blue. But by far the best part about this area, there is always 2 Large Solid Chests that spawn around the area, and out of these chests i got so much stuff, Herbs, Food, Blue and Green Items, Truesilver, Mithril etc, just a whole lot of random stuff that you can sell for money. And as soon as you get both of them, about 5 minutes later they are spawning again somewhere else. Out of these chests, i personally got 21 Green and 3 Blue items during my grinding, not to mention the other stuff in them. Andre Firebeard, the named captain mob in the area, is for a quest, so once again just be on the lookout for ppl doing that quest, but i rarely saw a sole while i was grinding. I Made 600g from this area, I found 2 Epic Items while i was grinding there, a Perfectly Calibrated Boomstick and a Ring of Saviours, now this is a random world drop as you know, so there is no saying they will drop for you, but the amount of mobs you can kill down there in short time is huge as there are so many of them, and they respawn fairly quickly. The only reason i won't give this place 10, is because at some of the tents, where the chests spawn, there are sets of 2 pirates, and they are linked, and this can be a pain in the arse, cause if your not a rogue and cant sap one, or a mage and sheep one, then you gotta fight two of em. But they don’t have that much HP so it really isn't to hard. But i must insist you try this place, it is very, very good.

Dunemaul Ogres - 8 / 10

These guys are in 3 different area's of tanaris, the Dunemaul Compound and the East / West Moon Ruins. I must insist if you are going to grind them, go out to the ruins further north into tanaris, as the main compound it used for questing frequently and you will have problems. The reason these guys are good is a bit different to the others. The main advantage of them is that they are really easy to kill, they range in lvl from 45 - 49 so you can grind them for ages, i did until lvl 52 or so. The main drops are mageweave, common grey weapons and silver, i got 2 Blue and about 13 Greens there also though. They drop the cloth fairly often so you can build it up quite fast, and as i mentioned before you can make a fair bit of money with it, there is also constantly Purple Lotus spawning around the ruins for any herbalists that grind there, this stuff is worth money on AH. Not much else to say about em, they are just good.

Part 2 coming soon.

Return to “WOW Guides”