Base Destruction Guide Using Exploits

Star Wars Galaxies Guides
PostBot

I pop bases either solo or with 1 jedi helper, considering the logisitics of groups I think it is much easier than putting 20 people together

A while back I saw in the patch notes that the devs removed the ability to slice faction base terminals while dead or while feigning death. All they in fact did was remove the ability to START slicing base terminals while dead, if you are in the process of slicing and you die or feign you can slice at your leasure.

I solo slice bases, the largest and smallest, with my level 28 slicer character. Sometimes to speed things up a little I have a Jedi friend with cloak help me out, a cloaked jedi can run through a base, agroing all NPCs, they will follow the cloaked jedi, but cannot attack him. With a cloaker I can slice an entire base and not even get incapped one time.

But anyways, back to the terminal: what you want to do is have the radial menu for the terminal up when you feign, die, or get incapped. You can bring up the radial menu even if you are fighting, do not select anything from it til later, just have the menu up. Once you are safely incapacitated, select the slice option from the radial menu and start slicing. If you were only incapped while slicing do not refresh the terminal when you stand up - stop slicing, but leave the terminal open. If you attempt to refresh the terminal while you are in combat it will give you the ""you cannot slice while in combat"" message, and the terminal will close. If this happens to you, just pull up the radial menu again, and wait until you get incapped, you can pickup slicing where you left off.

The NPCs never deathblow anymore, but they will of course incapacitate you. Once you stand up from an incapacitation, begin moving to the spot you want to go immediately - you have a few seconds after you standup before the NPC will agro on you, usually anyways.

I always try to peek into a base before I slice it, to see the locations of the terminals - with an SF base, you can go to the front door, take one step in, and then quickly run back out, the inside of the base will load but you won't get agroed. Then, by typing /tar uplink, /tar sec, /tar over, /tar power, I can see where in the base each of the terminals are at. Since a level 92 NPC one-hit incaps my level 28 base popper character, I always try to know exactly where I am going when I enter the base.

The most difficult base to destroy right now is a PVE Detachment HQ - due to the 20 level 88ish NPCs surrounding the base. To get past these unfriendly NPCs, I hop on my swoop around 200 m from the base, facing the door of the base. I then ride full speed right at the door of the base, and I store my bike around 30m from the base door. The NPCs take a few seconds to agro you, and I have never lost a bike this way (knock on wood!). Anyways, the momentum from being your bike will carry you inside the base, even if the NPCs agro and incap you. You will get incapped from the outside NPCs 99% of the time, but at least you will be inside, and you can use the 45 seconds on you back to /tar uplink, /tar sec, to see whwere you need to be running to.

Return to “SWG Guides”