Post-NGEBusiness Tutorial

Star Wars Galaxies Guides
PostBot

Occassionally there comes a time in every players life where money is not an option to him, and is so plentiful on their character that there is no need to really do much other then what they want.

Well, to make things easily said, that takes a lot of work to get there, thats why I want to talk to you about a few things, pearls, resources, and loot.

You will need a trader alternate character so you can place a vendor, generally, and a level 75+ character as your main combat.

Lets start things off, with getting your alternate to the level in which he can place a vendor:

Go to the bazaar in Mos Eisley (if your a new character), or anywhere where there is a bazaar, look for around 10k units of any metal, as long as its a single stack, and cheap. You are going to need 2 general crafting tools, and since you already should have one from the new player tutorial (which you should do), you'll just need to buy one. Usually you can find people to pester in the starports, but best thing to do, bank tip your alt 50k credits from your main and get to work.

Start off by grinding whatever you want, I usually suggest to people to get mineral survey tools in practice mode made, and then ofcourse, do /sample on a specific type of metal, in the event you run out, atleast you'll have some sort of secondary supply being built up, which if not needed, can always be sold on the bazaar no problem.

Once you are done with the first level, in which you are able to finally place a vendor, you should wear your artisan pack so you get +3 hiring ability (the amount of skill points towards placing NPC, Terminal, or Bulky looking Vendors). NPC's at higher crafting levels for hiring give the ability to add whatever clothing to it, but simply put, you don't need it, and adding a big vendor box somewhere is heavily noticable, and you should enable vendor search on it, hit "~ / `" key by default, (its to the left of the Number 1 key on the top of the keyboard, directly below the esc key). This will open up the radial menu (which you can then go to vendor management after placed, and initialized) and allow you to enable vendor search, this means, anyone on the bazaar who clicks the tab vendor search will now see your item on their list in the event that they are looking for something you may have.

Now once you have your vendor placed, and your things sorted out, place whatever you want on there, get atleast a few items on there, from your main character. The best way to do so without having a middle man is to simply "offer" the items to your alternates vendor for 1 credit. This works best and you can always tip the credits back later. Now once you have your vendor setup, and something on it, its time to go stock it with some good stuff.

My tips have always been to go out and experiment with what I want to sell, and trust me, experimenting is good up until you get to something that sells quickly from your vendor (very dependent on location, and your general personality). It is best to make friends with guild leaders, best way to do this, mention your alternates vendor as someone else, or even your own, and ask them to share it because its a great place for something cheap. Remember, we're looking for a profit, and more so then anything a good amount of credits that will let us play the game how we want to in the future, and that means you may have to go through some bumpy times in this business world.

Now, after your vendor is setup, stocked with the basics, and your vendor way point is out there, with the vendor in some sort of good general location, usually you should place it near a shuttle port, or outside a large city. The best way to find which city is best to place outside of, go to the major ones you know of, look at the population, and what levels the people there are. Remember, people levels 1 through 50 usually don't have much money, unless it is an alternate character, but they do help to spread your vendor's location around, so its best to find these new player cities to place your vendor outside of. I personally suggest going to place a house outside mos eisley, somewhere directly following a straight line that a path in the city lead out of it. If your directly straight ahead from a part of the city's path you'll achieve more business, and placing vendors in already established locations is a major addition to your sales ability, as people will tend to look at your vendor also.

Now, I know I have talked a lot about the vendor and its location, but lets move onto stocking it.

Lets first talk about jedi's and the money they hold in the now overpopulated jedi community seen in the game. Jedi's make up 2/3 of the buyers that will want things from your vendor, and sometimes, the main buyer in a lot of the expensive goods market. You will want to start off by simply going out with large krayt hunting groups and occassionaly turning this macro on:

/loot
/macro loot

Call the macro loot, which means when your in game, you simply type /macro loot, and you'll automatically loot anything you target. This basically makes you a ninja looter, but saves you money and time. You want to do this on ancients, and grands more so then others. You want premium, select, and quality pearls, for the others just don't sell well enough, and fast enough for this quick cash, and lots of cash we want. Remember we want to be able to play and be able to buy things without a worry about credits.

Experiment with pricing on these pearls, but here is what I set mine to on Sunrunner, and I sell them all almost instantly:

Premiums - 750k (can be sold for 2mil post-nge)
Select - 250k (can be sold for 500k post-nge)
Quality - 100k (can be sold for 250k post-nge)
Good - 50k (can be sold for 100k post-nge)
Fair - 25k (can be sold for 50k post-nge)
Poor - 5k (can be sold for 10k post-nge)

Basically the cheaper you sell them, and the more your stocked with, the more money your gonna get and the better respect from your buyers your going to earn. Remember, the quickest way to the top has its costs, and it takes money to make money, thats why you need to cut yourself a little bit on the profits for the faster sales, and the greater ability to turn yourself into a rich businessman, nearly within a month with the pearls alone you'll be making 5 million a day with 100 million atleast at the end. But remember, you'll need to krayt hunt to get atleast 20 more pearls each night, with a good amount of premiums in that bunch. You can usually pay other people too for their premiums, offering as low as 250k or 500k to get them quick cash. Sometimes people are desperate and they take any money for normally expensive items. Learn to exploit it.

Now, lets go to resources, and for this quick cash tutorial, we are only going to deal with jedi resources, here is what is needed:

- Duralloy Steel
- Titanium Aluminum
- Polysteel Copper
- Polymer
- Culsion Inert Gas

Those resources as the main ones you want to deal with, and you will want to invest in 30k resource kits for these. These resources are what you want to get for 4th generation 1handed / 2handed sabers. These are by far the most popular, and the best sellers for resource packs.

I won't go into further detail about these as the resources are server specific, and the best way to get started with this is talk to a trusted person who sells jedi resource kits.

I personally sell 5000 units with a color crystal on my server for 5 million credits and I make a lot of sales. By 5000 units I mean, 1000 units of each of the resources I listed above. The 30k resource kits will cost you around 5 million, but after selling 5 packs they pay for themselves, and remember, your going to have 25 other packs to sell, which means, another large amount of money. These bulk deals don't sell as quick, but advertising on the trade forums of your server with week long sales on prices, say 500k off, or rebate offers with 24 hour auctions. Even false advertising by saying that there is a huge prize if you are the lucky winner of a jackpot that is randomly done based on any information from the sale. I chose time, and I plan on possibly giving money out to people, but not the amount I promised. I will give out times, and they will be way off those of the actual sales, or information I required but was never achieved. Its all a sort of ploy to gain people's money, and resources for jedi are the best way.

If you are interested in starting small, look to do saber kits with enough resources in each for 2 to 3 sabers, and make sure you count exactly, sometimes you can rip people off, but make sure most kits are straight and the amount you promised or a CSR will be on you. Also, be sure to always note down your resources as best spawned, even if they aren't. It always helps, as a good deal is a good deal, despite if its the best or not, but as long as they think its the best resources out there, they will buy it.

Now onto loot.

Items you occassionally achieve as quest items, such as holograms, weapons, or furniture (more specificly rugs, or paintings) these you want to go onto your galaxies trade forums and request price checks. By doing so you'll allow yourself to set the limit for you to sell these items for, and after you find that limit, cut it in half and put it on your vendor, and then post all about your pricing on the same forums you got the price check on. This will help put forth the idea that you are the very best deal around, and that you are going to remain the lowest priced vendor, with the greatest stock out there.

Be sure to even put off items that may not be the best on there for good money saying it has some sort of function it may not normally have. Such as saying krayt pearls are pre-nge which suppousedly are faster, but no one can really tell the difference, as it will all be in there head. Just as long as they think its faster. And remember, there is no way to prove if the pearl is pre-nge or post-nge. Its just that your getting their money, and their getting what they thought they were getting. And without any complaints your good.

Be sure to also go on hunting parties for quests, such as the ones on Kashyyyk for N-K "Necrosis", or others on Mustafar such as HK-47, and do these regardless of whether you have the quest, and tend to stay back until the main bosses are destroyed. This allows you to come in at the very last moment and use your looting macro you made earlier.

Thats all I really can give out, the rest you need to figure out yourself, and determine based on your customers. And remember, always ask for feedback, its the #1 thing you want out there.

From Sunrunner to beyond, may the force be with you, good luck and have fun making more money then you could dream all by exploiting the natural economy, and bending the rules. Remember, loot is loot, and no one has claim to it, so ninja-looting, no matter how annoying it is its still completely inbounds.

Return to “SWG Guides”