AQ1 Quest Trick and Encounters

Everquest II Secrets Exploits
burners
Site Admin

I just started/finished my AQ1 quest as a Paladin last night. Here's an trick that may help if you find yourself in the situation I was in. I was in a duo with a healer and we lacked the DPS to clear all 4 gnoll groups before respawn and we were stuck not able to make the named spawn. <-- you need to clear all 4 groups to make them spawn.

After several attempts we figured out a strategy. The trick is to leave 1 mob per group alive until you have cleared all 4 groups. So engage group one and when 1 is left simply go pull the next group. It gets a little confusing in keeping track of the gnolls that you don't want to kill so try and keep the new group in front with the others behind. When you engage group 4 you can kill everything and named should pop. Try to avoid excessive AoE spells or abilities to avoid accidental killing of one of your gnoll trailers.

I believe this can be adapted to other camps throughout Antonica to make named spawn in the camp. Haven't verified this yet but just a thought.

Hope this helps someone.

Return to “EQ2 Secrets / Exploits”