Anyone busted for botting yet?

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm just curious as to if anyone has been busted for botting since the March 7th update? I read prior to the update that SE was going to be making it more difficult for automatic fishers. Then I log on tonight to find that my secluded, quiet little fishing spot, where I've never seen more than one other person at, is packed with 15 bots. I fished for 5 minutes before the zone was "fished up" (ie, 10 "you didn't catch anything" between catches). So I'm wodering if the botting hot spots (Batilla, Qufim, etc) are getting hit by GM's? Comments anyone?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Dunno Hammy I've been running for most of a day and had no problems but I haven't been monitoring too closely either. Obviously since I'm npt cussing up a storm I didn't get banned lol.

Given things like SE flatly denying any sort of monitoring that is reported back to them I suspect they are not using client side monitoring to bann people. My suspicion is that they are just making use of some of the server side and GM call tools that they can use for banning people. I also suspect that if anything negative the client side scans are part of client side only anti botting code. There is all kinds of ways they could interfere with botting without ever sending a message back. Basically the monitoring clientside could simply be built in hacking/botting countermeasures to prevent you from being able to successfully bot/hack.
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

/em raises hand. Yep perma-banned for only fish bottin here. Eh so be it, already have a new bottin account up and running.

Return to “FFXI General Chat”