Rogue Party configuration ~ walkthrough

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Party software.
burners
Site Admin

Start by opening the program located in the startmenu under
Startmenu / All programs / Burnersware /

First let me start by saying that this is so far the most complicated bot we make. We could dumb it down but by doing so it would take away from all the possibilities the bot currently has.

You will notice there are 9 Primary setup options labeled 1-9 with on/off buttons and two drop down boxes
First lets start with the 9 primary functions. These 1-9 numbered options represent your macros Alt 1 - Alt 9
By switching the on/off button on you are telling the program you would like to use this macro
Next are the two drop down boxes. You will see they are both numbered 0-59
The drop down on the right represents seconds and the one on the right represents minutes
Selecting a time in these drop down boxes will determine how much delay you want inbetween each macro trigger
These delays work in order AND add up. Keep this in mind while setting up the program and try writing down how you setup the program in case you need to slightly tweak it later on
Now I will give a simple example of how to use this bot to replace a rdm/brd in a party to cast a song or two and refresh on a couple party members
First select how many macros you will need, lets say you need to casts 2 songs and cast refresh on 2 party members plus yourself. You will need a total of 5 macros
We will now turn on macros 1-5
Timers
First we need to take into consideration the spell cast times and how long they last
The duration of refresh is 2 minutes 30 seconds, The cast time is 5 seconds and time to recast is 18 seconds
Next lets select 2 bard songs, for this example I will select knights minne III and valor minuet III
I was unable to find the duration for both of these spells so we will just loop them as soon as possible which will be once every time we cast refresh
If the spells/songs needs to be casted more often then you can add more macros and use them inbetween other macros
The cast time for both songs is around 8 seconds with 24 seconds to recast
We will setup the macros like this
Alt 1 Refresh self
Alt 2 Bard song
Alt 3 Refresh pty member
Alt 4 Bard song
Alt 5 Refresh pty member
The reason we stager the spells and songs is to help avoid the downtime with waiting to recast the same spell over again. i.e. Refresh in this case
Now we just need to figure out the timers, we want to be able to complete the loop without running out of refresh on anyone before we get a chance to cast it again, or something along those lines anyway
Here is a starting point and the timers can be increased or decreased as needed from here
Alt 1 timer 1 for the minutes drop down and 40 for the seconds drop down
Alt 2 timer 0 for the minutes drop down and 10 for the seconds drop down
Alt 3 timer 0 for the minutes drop down and 10 for the seconds drop down
Alt 4 timer o for the minutes drop down and 10 for the seconds drop down
Alt 5 timer o for the minutes drop down and 10 for the seconds drop down
This setup should keep everyone in the part covered and never be without Refresh or the Bard spells
Of course you may run out of magic. You can imcrease the times to help balance your mp out. Of course the bot auto heals if you run out of mp
We even added another nice little feature which brings us nearly to the last setup stage in the configuration tool
You will see a new feature labled Pause Rest. This feature will force the Bot to heal while paused then return when unpaused
Nifty Huh

Select your Pause Drive
This is the drive you will use to pause the bot while in game.
This works by removing and inserting media in the drive.
For example you can use your cd-rom drive to pause the bot, Lets say your cd-rom drive is drive letter D:
So you will select D: and then insert some form of media into the drive, A music cd works best. Make sure you turn off the autorun feature in windows for the media type you plan to use
I use my F: drive which on my computer is my Compact Flash drive, Removable media such as Compact Flash, Smart Media, Etc... I found is the best to use.
When something is in the drive i.e. a cd in the cd-rom drive or a compact flash card in the compact flash drive then the bot is ready
Once removed the bot will pause until the media is reinserted
To pause the bot while using the cd-rom drive you simply open the drive, then close it when you are ready to continue to bot
You can find more information on the pause drive feature at www.Burnersware.com

From there simply click "RUN"
This will close the 7in1 , Launch POL and Run the bot

Return to “Help - Party Bot”