Not reeling in the fish.

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
michaeldue
Advanced Botter

Yep... We are the active user bitches :F 8) :blingsmile: lol :F :blingsmile: 8)
adam
Advanced Botter

So far its caught 1 fish and ran around in circles 4 times. It gets the fish down some then regains, down some, then regains. Not sure why but at least its working better then it was. It hasn't sorted items for me in months but it did sort on the 1 it actually caught.
michaeldue
Advanced Botter

1 More note burners:

The other bot (the one that wasnt working) it was working on my girlfriends computer perfecly.

Here is what is different between her computer and mine:
I am using ATI Graph. card with US Version of POL/FFXI.

She is using:
Nvidia Graphic card, with the JP Version of POL/FFXI.

Other than that they have the same 1GB ram, 2ghz and WINXP 2nd edition.

Hope this can help you figure out what was wrong with the old bot :) Since this is really the only difference between her and my computer. So I am thinking maybe - all of us who couldnt get it to work - were we all using ATI cards?

Not that it really matters now that the new bot is working (except for the equip new bait macro thingy not working - it only uses ALT+1 never ALT+2 or 3).
Hitman_Chris
Intermediate Botter

yea i tred that too but it still isnt working. i also tried every resolution, and i even tried the new dl u givin us, it STILL is not reeling in the fish lol. why dont u try re-doing the update? then work around what you flawed, i know for a fact i didnt make any mistakes (such as target my self, target anyone else, or not being close enough to the water). So for a while i was just manually reeling in the fish while my little taru mule does all that other stuff, but i miss being afk while im geting checks in the mail. but burners, i gotta admit, ur one awesome motherfucker when it comes to these programs, i would haveto say your by FAR the best. i have seen those other things where it is a script and you gotta Copy & Paste that shit, thats some ghetto ass shit aint nobody want that, thats what the losers do, besides they dont even reel!

-Hitman_Chris
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

In response to the vid card question, yes I am using a ATI Radeon X800.

Adam, In regards to the running arround problem you had, did you switch to first person view? This makes it so that on the off chance that it does the run thing you do not actually run but instead spin in one place until you are facing the water when it tries to fish at which point it continues fishing like normal. To maximize this find a fishing spot with water on more then one side of you if possible(bridges,dock's,etc..). And not sure if this is what was going on with it auto sorting for you but if you do not catch a fish I do not believe it normally sorts, so only worry bout it if it is not sorting after catch's. Let us know as specific as possible any problems and we'll try to solve em.
adam
Advanced Botter

I just manually made it cast each time but it wouldnt catch fish after that. I will try it with moat carps because I'm level 96+4 and was trying soles. Doubt that will help cus I know I hooked some rusty items and such and it wouldn't reel those in either, but worth a try.

Sorry to blow up on burners like that. Just having a hard time trying to claim nm with argus with gil seller teams camping against me so I figured I would fish and but been unable to bot fish since the major update that changed the whole system. I would use the hyper files without any bot and that seemed to work well.

One of the reasons I said he never updates it, I guess he does but it just don't like me or something. The whole pm thing I dont expect you to baby me with help but my problem was one I thought only I would have and rather then waste space I figured pm would be best.

Sorry bro I know you make the best shit but they dont like me lol ><.
Burrito
Pro Botter

Yeah the old one wasn't working for me, but the new one is, and I am also using an ATI (9600 pro) Maybe that's the problem.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I tried the file and it's working at about the same level as it was before the SE update. I am inconsistant at catching golds but they are 6 lvls above me. One thing I did notice is that if you are in first erson perspective it really does seem to prefer a dark background like the water. When I tried first person where the hp bar was on wood it fought but lost to moat carps but as soon as I moved to the waters edge with FPV it behaved just like it did pre SE update. And it's sorting after every catch for me as well. Adam have you double checked to make sure all your colorschemes are default and all the other settings( chat window size etc..)are correct. I assume you have but one of the last times it didn't work for me was because I had the settings low enough for previous bot but after update needed to drop em all the way to zero. Anyways just a thought, hope your able to get it back and runnin soon.
Darktaru

I would like to know if any of you are having problems with the bot not using your other Macros. Mine uses my /fish macro but then once im out of bait, it wont equip anymore, all my macors are written correctly and it worked pre-SE update. and feedback is appreciated.
adam
Advanced Botter

Everything default window resize set to fastest. Window scheme 1. All chat filters on and linkshell unequipped. I was able to catch 3 moats with 2 stacks of bait before I gave up. 96+4 fishing. It didn't run in circles this time however. I tried 1st person and 3rd person with target over water and dark background, it did work a little better but not much.

It will start out fine but once the rod moves to another side it regains full most of the time. When I did catch the 3 fish it took 3-4 seconds after the stamina being depleted before it actually hit enter.. lost 3-4 fish because it had already taken too long before that. I can fish them up manually in 1-2 seconds so it's not my fishing skill lol.
Samadhi

Burners wrote:Whats your guys machine specs?
cpu speed
ram
video card
thanks
Well I am running a:
CPU: P4 3 GHz
Ram: 1 Gig
Vid: Radeon 850XL pro

I DLed the above file and still cant get the bot to reel in anything other than say moat carp/crayfish. I currently have 46 skill.
Anything near or slightly higher than my level results in lost catches.

If that is the way it is supposed to work, I apoligize. I could have sworn there was a thread saying that the new bots worked for regular fishing as well as reeling in low level fish.
burners
Site Admin

Ok im gonna try to get everyone in this post.

It does seem theres a connection here with everyone having a radeon card.
I have a nvidia, Im wondering if for some reason the gamma settings are different between the 2.

So for everyone that had the problem I will be making a piece of software I would like you all to use to help me diagnose and fix it the right way, not like the file I posted.

For everyone that cant catch high level fish Im sorry and Im working on a bot that will reel in better then humanly possible, just sit tight.

For those of you that the Equip Macro is not working.
Please log in,use the windower, unequip your bait.
Now press your fish macro.
Wait for the status message that you dont ahve any bait.
Press print screen.
Close FFXI
open Windows Paint, click Edit @ the top then Paste.
Now save as a .bmp
Upload here in this thread.
Darktaru

did what you said heres my screenshot
Last edited by Darktaru on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I'm still using the pre update macro's as well and mine is working fine, even the re-equip. However I'm still only catching about 30-50% of the gold bites but since I'm afk it don't really matter.

dropping items: with the new file the bot's working but it isn't dropping rusty sub's or leggings, buckets it drops like normal however. Just FYI since normally I check the bot every couple hours I never lose catch's from them.

Adam, out of curiosity what's your fps running? Sort of assuming 29ish but thought I'd ask. It's frustrating because both the not reeling in when fish stamina was gone and the bot not restarting afterward was what mine was doing before I switched from 4 minimum lines down to 0 min lines. Two last questions
1 when you said all chat filters were on, did you meen all of them
or all of the ones on Burners list of filters to select?
2 what video card are you using? Is it ATI also?

BTW not that I think it's really a hi risk but if your paranoid you might want to scratch out your characters name in paint before posting the screenshot. Never know who might browse the forum.
burners
Site Admin

Ok everyone try the newest update and let me know if any problems still exist.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”