FISHING BOT HYPER *README*

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Burrito
Pro Botter

The amount of lost catches might be proportional to you skill, the higher your skill the more you catch with the hyperbot. I'd say thats probably whats causing the descrepency.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I couldn't find info on halcyon rods and breakage online from my normal sources. Anyone know what catch'es will break halcyon rods? Or more to the point whether fishing in north sandy will do it( crayfish, moats,tri's,gold, and rusty's)?

Also has anyone figured out a way to avoid the zero stamina but not really in issue? I only get hit with it on about 10-20% of my lost catches but each time it pops up it kills at least a minute or two because you have to wait for the fish to time out and then the bot doesn't start fishing for quite ome time after the fish does time out.

Thanks in advance for any info.
:)
jester

using the non-hyper bot with halcyon rod for 20 stacks of bait didn't earn me a broken rod in north sand, but apparently windurst is the place to go for moat carp
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Ok, last night I ran the HYPER fishing bot in N Sandy, with like 18 stacks of Insect balls and like 10 stacks of little worms, I used a Halcyon rod. And I ran it from 10pm-6am. When I woke up in the morning to see what I had caught, I had 4 and a half stacks of Moat carp, 4 stacks of cray fish, 2 stacks of Tri carp, and 1 stack of gold carp. This was with a character that has lvl 11 fishing skill.

When I got home from school today I ran the normal fishing bot, with a windy Fishing mule who has a skill of 1 fishing. I used nothing but insect ball bait and a halcyon rod. In the 3 hours I was away from the computer, I caught 11 stacks of moat carp.

Now that is a big difference to me. Dont get me wrong, I love the bots. But I am just putting this out there for you to comment on.

I am going to run my windy fishing mule from 9pm-7am tonight, with like 24 stacks of insect balls, and lets see if his fishing fatigue dampers his fishing, hopefully, when it hits 12pm or something, the fishing limit will reset.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

let us know how it goes but in terms of the fatigue reset time it is 11am EST. So just adjust that time for whatever time zone you are in for your local rest time.
mdflows
L33t Botter

Well first off if you fish in windy woods all you get is moat and gold carp.

You fish in sandy and those cray fish and tricolored carp have a level cap of 27.

Try running your hyper bot in windy you will get pretty much the same results as with the regular one just in less time. Also have a better chance of pulling up gold carp with the hyper bot.

The hyper bot will lose the catch right away or get it right away.

The regular one will fight a gold carp until you lose a catch which takes up alot more time.
Siege101
Helpfull Botter

For me, I always, always even on lvl 0 skill mules catch more with the normal bot. Siege my main character has 48 fishing and on Hyper with 40 stacks of bait I catch maybe, 15 stacks of moat. Normal its always tons, about 30 with a few stacks of gold. Wantcheezonthat my newest fishing mule caught 19 stacks of moat 1 stack of gold with 0 fishing skill. 25 stacks of bait. So for me, if im only going to have an hour or so to run it Hyper all the way, but for long periods of time, Normal is the way to go.
jester

Siege101 wrote:For me, I always, always even on lvl 0 skill mules catch more with the normal bot. Siege my main character has 48 fishing and on Hyper with 40 stacks of bait I catch maybe, 15 stacks of moat. Normal its always tons, about 30 with a few stacks of gold. Wantcheezonthat my newest fishing mule caught 19 stacks of moat 1 stack of gold with 0 fishing skill. 25 stacks of bait. So for me, if im only going to have an hour or so to run it Hyper all the way, but for long periods of time, Normal is the way to go.
where's that at & what bait/ rod combination? that sounds super
burners
Site Admin

R u guys forgetting that the HYPER bot works off the old .dll's which means it still works off the old fishing system which is why you catch less fish.

Everyone know you catch more fish with the new system in a shorter period of time as compaired with the older system where u got 50% "you lost your catch."
sarekire

uhh can u make it catch the fish, sort it, put it in storage to sort more, than teleport-holla it to port sandy and have it give the npc ur moat carp?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:drunk: R you serious? Thats alot of coding and time that burners could use for streamlining the bots rather then just saving us a few minutes travel time. I'd gladly take infrequent trips manually with a better performing bot then to have less performance and not have to take airship.

If your having storage problems I'd suggest doing the gobbie bag quests and the mogsafe quests to up your storage to 60 and 80. And if haven't done so yet, get rank 5 for your airship pass so don't need to tele- and run.
Burrito
Pro Botter

sarekire wrote:uhh can u make it catch the fish, sort it, put it in storage to sort more, than teleport-holla it to port sandy and have it give the npc ur moat carp?
I hope to god you're joking I'd rather see an autozoner, so that every hour you would zone and not catch rusties all the time.
raknor

alright. so i purchased the software yesterday and trying it out today. the hyper fishing setting with mine just doesnt run the script at all. it wont cast or nuthin. i have an old character, back from jan-feb 2003. he should be old enough for hyper fishing to work. so then it didnt... and i fished normally with the bot. when i do, about half of the time the bot with detect that theres a fish on the line a start to tug back and forth and the other half of the time it doesnt. ALSO, when it does, it just seems like it sucks at reeling or the new system is just tough for the bot. idk. please help me out on this. if normal bot sucks at reeling, i'd imagine that the hyper bot is much better if it can catch it in 2 seconds or less. i'd prefer advice on that.

on a side note. i noticed one time running the normal fishing bot that after i had a bite and the line broke, the bot was going into my inventory like it had an item to drop. it almost dropped a stack of insect balls but i stopped it. its only happened once. just thought i'd let you know.
raknor

i stand corrected. the hyper bot does work somewhat. i had it on and i started to fish. i reeled in one myself and it started to sort it for me. then it casted. it only did this after sorting and not starting the bot fresh. but never the less is still wouldnt reel. i understand its new so along with some advice on fixing it, could someone who does have it working tell me a bit about it? thanks guys
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

well as far as I knew the hyper was broken because it used some old .dlls that since one of SE's updates you could no longer log in to a world server if you were using them. I'm surprised you were able to log in with hyper checked, unless burners removed the .dll which would explain being able to log on but it not work.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”