To heal and not to heal, that's the problem ^.^

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Enhancing software.
rickets
Intermediate Botter

... Delete This topic ^^ ... I'mma buying more RAM ^.^
Last edited by rickets on Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burners
Site Admin

Is your keyboard on fullsize and not compact ?

What are your machine specs your running this on?
Are you using a windower with the bot?
What lvl is the character?
rickets
Intermediate Botter

okay here goes,

I'm on Lap Top..
Intel 2.45 ghz..
256 ram

I have tried it with compact and full keyboard..

I've tried with with 75 whm / 37 smn.. ( about 1100 mp )
I've tried it ( and am using it mostly with ) 26 rdm .. about 400 mp

And I'm using windower
burners
Site Admin

Not to pick on your system but 512mb is the bare minimum if your running win xp. I would suggest no less then 1gb and I stress this to the max.

I have no clue how you can even get away with using the windower with 256mb ram :retarded:

I would suggest trying it without the windower, we give no gaurantee it will work with the windower although alot of users say it does I am sure they have more then 256mb ram.

Try to give it a go without the windower.

I am also going to point you to
www.pricewatch.com
And I would book mark another 256mb stick and keep it on your to buy list for a future upgrade.

I am not bsing you in any way about the ram thing though, 512 is seriously the minimum, do an Ctrl Alt Delete and you will see win xp uses ALL of your 256mb of memory just to keep win xp running.
So how is your system getting the rest of what it needs you ask?
Its using a page file, this means its using the hard drive as memory. This is a very very very bad thing, the hard drive is thousands times slower them ram and im not exacturating.
Not to mention its a good way to get a fragged up hard drive real fast when your system is using it as ram.

You also have a laptop which means 90% chance you are running onboard graphics. Onboard graphics are real shitty (not to knock your system I am sure its a nice laptop) They use their own GPU but share system memory which puts your memory requirement even higher.
Even when you dont have onboard graphics your system still will steal some of your memory when your graphics memory runs out.

One more note is that out of all game mmorpgs use and require the most memory to run, this is because of all the things going on at once. This is why I stress 1gb.
If you break up 1gb it looks something like this while playing ffxi.
256mb for system
256mb for game
256mb for graphics since I am sure yours is onboard in a laptop
256mb for swap files and just in case
rickets
Intermediate Botter

You can pick on this all you want ^^

I have a mac that's work about 7 grand.. ^.^

Anyways, I actually have no idea the ram.. I'm not computer.. whatever.. I tell whomever I'm buying the computer from that I want a nice computer or laptop.. and they load it up with whatever.

I know my laptop has an 80 gig hd.. I do know that much
burners
Site Admin

Well I hope you do trust me on the ram.

I'm am not one of those techi fuck bags that work at best buy trying to sell you shit you dont need.

Check out my comp in the loung section of the forums, its all hand built and I bet you would estimate it at over $1k what it actually cost to build.

I am all about bang for the buck, whatever give the best bang for the buck (you know the sweetspot) is what I usally go for.
Why pay $200 more for something that only performs 2% more is what I say. Unless your trying to be hardcore leet uber.

Anyhow gimmie your system model and I will hunt you down a stick that will work if you like and I will try to even find a page that shows how to put it in.

Usally just one phillips screw on the bottom of the laptop will open a door where you pop the ram in.

FYI 256mb of laptop memory is going for around $40 from the best internet reseller www.Newegg.com . Unless its old school laptop memory. Which on a p4 I know its not.
rickets
Intermediate Botter

This Laptop is supposed to be unable to be upgraded from what Compaq said.

It's a Compaq Presario 2100

It's not designed to play games.. just to be used in class ( Law Student at the moment )

However, if you feel it's upgradeable ^^ Then who am I to deny.

Also where do you seek all the information about your PC? I know I can do a system lookup on a mac.. no clue what a PC's method is.
rickets
Intermediate Botter

And I don't think I'm on a p4.. I'm on an Mobil Intel Celeron 2.40 GHz

or so I seen when I poked around my computer
rickets
Intermediate Botter

I'm proud of my 'special needs' self,

I found out information about my laptop ..

"Look Mah no Helmet" .. I feel like that special needs stripper that wears a helmet and knee pads..

Anyway,

product name Presario 2100

processor
Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
version x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
current speed 2390 MHz
cache size 256 KB

memory
total capacity 256 MB
J400 256 MB

It might be a cheap system but it works for what it was bought for. I'm a poor college student so what works works ^^ right?
burners
Site Admin

Well it appears theres alot of 2100 series notebooks.
Is yours just a 2100 or are there any other letters?

here is a link to all the 2100's
https://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h ... submit.y=5

From there I just choose theCompaq Presario 2100 Notebook PC (Intel)since I dont know if your notebook has another letter.
After that click the Manuals link then the Maintenance and Service Guide.

In the pdf file that opens I can see that the 2100 can hold up to 1gb ddr.

So if you have 256mb you can get another 512mb to have 768mb or you can ditch the 256 and grab 2 512mb sticks for a total of 1gb.

Never listen to any compaq jackass over phone. Do you honestly think that guy took the 2 minutes to look up your computer? of course not nor will he agree that 256mb is not enough ram to run win xp because if he did that then he would be agreeing that compaq is ripping off their customers by forcing them into purchasing more stuff after the computer purchase and of course the want you to buy compaq ram and blah blah blah :)
rickets
Intermediate Botter

yeah I got that, I spent the day with their live support and they won't let me upgrade anything..

they say if I upgrade then all my support is invalid .. pretty much sounded like a threat..

anyway

Compaq Presario 2190US Notebook PC

I couldn't tell if it was a p4 still.. just what it said in the above..

Where do I look for information on the right type of memory to get? cause If I can upgrade to make the game better then I'm all about that.

I might buy the basic memory for now and go for the gig of memory when I can gather the cash to spare.. New Semester is costing too much
rickets
Intermediate Botter

hmmm that site with the two sticks that equal 1gig isn't bad at all.. just not sure which to buy >.< cause no clue what a pin is
burners
Site Admin

Try this link for the manual.

https://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00246219.pdf

Here is the link for your product
https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manu ... g=en&cc=us&#

This is the link you want
https://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00227919.pdf

scoll down once its loaded up and you will see Add On devices, click that then click the "To Install Ram Module" .

Says that the laptop holds 1gb and to use pc2100 ddr.

So I looked on newegg since I practically trust them with my life and found you this.

Here is a 512mb stick
https://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 106&depa=1

and here is a 256mb stick, I would go for the 512mb stick
https://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 180&depa=1
burners
Site Admin

rickets wrote:hmmm that site with the two sticks that equal 1gig isn't bad at all.. just not sure which to buy >.< cause no clue what a pin is
Well its not nearly even close to being old enough to use 144pin, now that leaves us with 200pin ddr and 200pin ddr2. Now your computer is new but not new enough to use ddr2. So all were left with is 200pin ddr :)

simple huh
rickets
Intermediate Botter

I'll pick up the highest of the two you posted, and I found a way to scam *cough* fund.. the 1gig from my parents..

https://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.a ... rty&DEPA=0

Are those two options I have?

They are pc2100 .. 200 ddr

Return to “Help - Enhancing Bot”