Voke Bot with Mr. Argus

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Provoking software.
Draven1998

I was just wondering, Can I use the voke bot with something other than Voke. I have a high level blm, and I want to use Stun to claim since it is almost as fast as Voke. I think it has a 0.5 casting time. But anyway, would the macro sheet look like this for it?

/targetNPC
/ma "Stun"<t>

I don't get the echo commands, and have used the other bots with echo there, and even with out them there. Dosen't seem to matter either way. And when I use targetNPC in the game without setting up any bots, it will not target anything. Well thanks in advance for the help. Still trying to get claim on Posionhand. Up against the same person who is botting. :rabid:

Draven1998
Cooleko
Mod in Training

it depends, does the provoke bot spam a macro or does it automatically spam provoke by typing it in and hitting enter, if it is a macro, then just change the macro and it should work fine, if it types it, then i dont know if there is anything you can do
Draven1998

I'm not really sure how the voke bot works. I know that there is a couple of was to use it to claim. I know that you can remove the .dat files of the monsters in the curent area that you are camping, and by useing argus. Argus has a macro list that you can set to Ctrl or Alt and the 1-0 number list. Argus also has a freq button next to the start tab. I think that is how often it checks for the monster you are after. Here is what I did when camping posionhand inside of Davoi.

I went to his pop spot. Opened Mr. Argus, NPC, and PC, <was using PC to keep an eye out for the other campers> I found Posionhand on the NPC list and added him to argus. Set the freq to 20, repeat box on, and warp box on. Then I set the alt macro to 5 since that is what my Stun maro is set to. (Stun looks like this in the macro list: /ma "Stun"<t>). The ms was set a 1500, and I set the Rise to 30 something to be sure to clear anything that would stop me from the warp. Posionhand can pop anyway in a square area, so I needed to be sure that I wouldn't warp into a tree or mountain side. Well he poped, the argus alarm went off and I warped to him. But it didn't cast Stun. No biggie exept for the fact that my controller is a peice of shit and the alt macro list woun't pop so I lost the claim. (Speaking of that, if anyone know a bad ass controller please tell me :mackdaddy: ) I'm not sure if the macro failed to hit because of the way it was set up or what. But I'm sure it wouldn't matter if it was provoke or stun.

Do I need this?

/targetNPC
/ma "Stun"<t>

Well thats about all I know. Again thanks in advance for the help.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

If asking questions about argus please do so in the hacks section.

The provoke bot just spams the alt-1 macro which you are supposed to set to be:
/targetnpc
/ja "Provoke" <t>

This makes it voke whatever mob is nearest you and you just put your character in the center of the spawn area and it claims anything near you. Once you claim it then either you need to pause the bot and attack manually or add in attack spells after the voke line in the alt-1 macro to kill the mob with magic while afk. The provoke bot is just for getting claims not autofighting. You can also add into the alt-1 macro a /p <call> command to give yourelf an alarm.

What makes this type of claim method one of the most effective, if used properly, is that if you remove the .dat files of everything except what you are camping then you will ONLY be able to see and target that mob. This means that you will target and use your ability as soon as it is claimable. This is pretty much standard proceedure for HNM LS's.

Hope this answered some of your questions ^^
Draven1998

Yeah, that did help :blingsmile: . Thank you for the info. I know pretty much how argus works, so my question wasn't about argus itself. Just wanted to know if I could use the Provoke Bot with Stun instead of Provoke. Since it spams Provoke, I guess it will work with stun. I didn't really want to mess with the .dat files, but I guess I will have to to be safe. I don't need to be fighting to may orcs at once with my little black mage. I never camp NM's while away from the keyboard, and I guess I can just go with out the bot. Well thanks for all the help guys. It's been a great help. And if you got any more info, please tell me. :retarded:
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

look in the hacks section for the detailed instructions oon .dat hacking but big thing to remember is back everything up so you don't have to re install.

Return to “Help - Provoking Bot”