Very Slow Fishing, Done All I Could

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

Hi everyone,

Got the proggie yesterday and spent the entire night slaving away at it trying to get the thing to work. Specifically, I wanted help in catching the Carps more quickly by using the Hyper setting for the Lu Shang's quest. I've read every post on here that I could find regarding this and performed the following:

Set game resolution lower 512x512
Killed all background app's
Anti-Virus Off
Chat filters on
Windows to default
Font Colors to Default
Equipment all set up
/anon

Quick System specks. HP Media Center PC, 2.2ghz AMD 4200+, 2gig RAM, Radeon x1300 PCI-E, etc.

It's not on an old system.

Anyway, I load up the 7-in-1, select my drops, enable Hyper mode and Run it. Log on to FF, pop onto my fishing spot. Rod and bait already equipped. Macro's set. Click Run on the 3-button box. It's 50/50 if the thing starts on its own. If not, I just start it and it continues on.

My beef is, with turned down graphics, unnecessary background app's off, getting 28-29FPS constantly... and when I catch a fish, the HP meter moves down at a snail pace. Yes, I can "kill" the fish a hell of a lot quicker on my own than with this on "Hyper" mode.

I've read that in the past this program had issues. ...is that what's causing this to be worthless to me? I couldn't think of anything that I could do. My computer is running like butter and this bot drags. Yes, it's pretty slow during inventory sorting also. If there's anything else that can be done, I'm all ears.

...and before someone gives me a smartass responce to download that other fishbot that requires ACTools, yeah, I tried that one also. <Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass> I played around with the settings and trying to figure out them millisecond deal, but all the damn thing would do would be reel in the line just 1 or 2 seconds after it had cast it and constant "You didn't catch anything" messages. And the one time it actually waited long enough to catch something, same deal. Horrendously slow with dropping the fish's HP bar.

I apologize for the rant. You know how it is spending an entire night and into the morning trying to get something to work and going to bed after forcing yourself to give up. But if there's something I missed (very likely) or any suggestions, I'm all ears and would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.
snake4027
L33t Botter

Chusito wrote:Hi everyone,

Got the proggie yesterday and spent the entire night slaving away at it trying to get the thing to work. Specifically, I wanted help in catching the Carps more quickly by using the Hyper setting for the Lu Shang's quest. I've read every post on here that I could find regarding this and performed the following:

Set game resolution lower 512x512
Killed all background app's
Anti-Virus Off
Chat filters on
Windows to default
Font Colors to Default
Equipment all set up
/anon

Quick System specks. HP Media Center PC, 2.2ghz AMD 4200+, 2gig RAM, Radeon x1300 PCI-E, etc.

It's not on an old system.

Anyway, I load up the 7-in-1, select my drops, enable Hyper mode and Run it. Log on to FF, pop onto my fishing spot. Rod and bait already equipped. Macro's set. Click Run on the 3-button box. It's 50/50 if the thing starts on its own. If not, I just start it and it continues on.

My beef is, with turned down graphics, unnecessary background app's off, getting 28-29FPS constantly... and when I catch a fish, the HP meter moves down at a snail pace. Yes, I can "kill" the fish a hell of a lot quicker on my own than with this on "Hyper" mode.

I've read that in the past this program had issues. ...is that what's causing this to be worthless to me? I couldn't think of anything that I could do. My computer is running like butter and this bot drags. Yes, it's pretty slow during inventory sorting also. If there's anything else that can be done, I'm all ears.

...and before someone gives me a smartass responce to download that other fishbot that requires ACTools, yeah, I tried that one also. <Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass> I played around with the settings and trying to figure out them millisecond deal, but all the damn thing would do would be reel in the line just 1 or 2 seconds after it had cast it and constant "You didn't catch anything" messages. And the one time it actually waited long enough to catch something, same deal. Horrendously slow with dropping the fish's HP bar.

I apologize for the rant. You know how it is spending an entire night and into the morning trying to get something to work and going to bed after forcing yourself to give up. But if there's something I missed (very likely) or any suggestions, I'm all ears and would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.
Hmmm I have not used burners fish bot in a while... but i also get the same problem as you with the ACtool bot lol. Last time i used a fishing bot was about 5-6 months ago D:
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

lol, glad I'm not the only one. Thought I had lost my mind since I saw so many people responding on posts saying that the other bot worked great for them.

One thing I just thought of, I (somewhat) understand that this is a pixel bot. It has to look at your screen to decipher as to what's going on. One thing I do with the Windower 3.22 init file is fix the gamma setting. I bring it up from 50 (default) to 62 to make it brighter since the Windower for some reason naturally makes it dark. I wonder if putting that back down to the 50 setting will allow the game to "read the pixels" better with the darker setting...

Currently at work and can't try anything till later this afternoon.
Puertokee
Advanced Botter

I use the ACTools Bot, haven't used the Burners Fish Bot in a while. If you are havin problems and need help I can help explain the ACTools Fish Bot to PERFECTION. I use it on my Home, Work, and my Laptop. It works great all the time. Took some time to get used to but after you get the initial setting there is only like 1 thing you ever need to change for ANY and I mean ANY fish. If you want some indepth help just let me know.
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

Thanks Puerto. PM sent. If in the unfortunate case I can't use the Burner bot at all, will gladly accept any info you may provide to better set up the ACTool fishbot. /bow
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

The current burners bot is just by nature slow because it has to interpret pixel information from the screen I have not used it in ages because I've been maintaining the Iocaine fisher bot but I will be giving it a try to see how it performs on my 99fishing char in a minute.
As far as the Iocaine fisher bot(one using actools) I can say that on even a halfway current machine there is only one thing that could slow it down and that is the memreads. Some machines process them better then others. Myself and Zamp have a couple machines that are very similar specs but mine does the mem reads fast while his lags on them very badly. If you are having lag from the mem reads and not just a setup issue then run Iocaine with FishKill = 1. You'll want to configure how long to make it wait before killing the fish so as to not be obvious but when using fishkill Iocaine actualloy only does a few memreads so they should not be able to lag it out if that is your problem.
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

Thanks DrEvil,

Unfortunately, when I started trying Iocaine I was at my wits end last night. I blew through the... profile? Is that what you call it? Altering the milliseconds for this and that and not really knowing what on earth I was doing. For the majority, I did have fishkill=1. And the one time the thing actually waited long enough to hook a fish in, it just fought it like normal (I don't remember putting a delay on the fishkill).

The biggest problem I'm having was as I stated, 1 or 2 seconds after casting, Iocaine would give it up and reel in an empty line. Waiting on Puerto to respond to my PM and hopefully he'll give the proper coding to use to fish up moat/forest carps from the waterfalls in Yhutunga Jungle (best fishing spot for carps IMO).

Edit: Just remembered reading a little when I had the time at work about Iocaine. Read something about setting a fishing level to 2 and about setting the HP to 2222 or 2300. How do you guys know how much HP any fish/item has? lol
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol really should take the time to read through the setup text and some posts before timkering with it in general but I'll pm you with some thingsa that should get it started for you.
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

Awesome. Would love all the help I can get. Thanks everyone for responding. :grin:
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

Update:

Even with the help from both Puertokee and Evildr, still having problems but narrowed it down. Haven't figured out what's causing this, but finally noticed the pattern.

First, everything on the profile is set to: Catch all fish, Fishkill=0 or 1 (tried both), etc. First want to catch the two different carps (moat and forest) to get the fish ID #'s. This is what happens every time...

Insert (ACTools now doing it's thing)
Alt - F1 (takes some time for it to finally kick in and then starts fishing)
You didn't catch anything. (Takes anywhere from 5-7 seconds before giving up)
You didn't catch anything. (Only waits a second or two before reeling it back in)
You must wait longer to perform that action.
You were unable to change equipment. (Or words to that effect and no idea why it's doing that)
You didn't catch anything. (Immediate reel-in after casting line)
You didn't catch anything. (Same as above)

...and then it just stops casting lines. I've left it running for nearly 15 minutes and it just sits there. I can see ACTools still doing it's thing with the lines, but nada. Restart the program; close ACTools try it again; reboot computer and try again... does what I mentioned above the same way over and over.

Reinstalled ACTools, Puertokee sent me his .MAC files that work perfectly for him, and still same problem. So it's obviously not a set up problem where I don't have the profile sheet entered correctly.

Of course, I think of things while I'm at work, lol. But there is one thing I've realized I have different but not sure if it matters. I'm using Azril's Windower 3.22. Have the static name program running just before I hit PLAY. I know that the default name is something like FFXiApp - Windower Enabled. However, I changed it to FFXI Online - Windower Enabled because I thought it looked better. lol (don't ask) ...would the different name be causing this? If so, I'm a n00b and will pray that'll finally get the bot running correctly. :F
Wazikanof
Intermediate Botter

I had a similar problem too, my solution was to change Full Keyboard to Compact. Im not sure if this is what is wrong with your set up but just a suggestion.
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

lol, I'm sure that could've caused some problems. But no, I do have it set up as compact. Thanks though, I appreciate it. :)

Back home now, just put the Namechanger title back to its default. Will see if that has any impact. /em crosses fingers and makes a wish.
Chusito
Helpfull Botter

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle...

That was it. Because I changed the FFXiApp - Windower Enabled deal, it had ACTools going bonkers on me. All's fixed. lmao

Thank you both Puertokee and Evildr for all the help you provided. Now for fun times...

...here fishie, fishie, fishie...

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”