Quick Escape from Dungeons Exploit

Everquest II Tips
PostBot

If you happen to be in a dungeon, be sure to take advantage of EQ2's questionable "zoning" system.

For instance, if you are attacked by a aggro mob, or have a large train on your tail simply high tail it to the exit of the dungeon. You'll port out, new zone will load and no mobs will follow.

Just run back down the stairs or down the ladder and the mobs that had aggroed you will be long gone and you'll have a fresh slate.

Yeah exactly this isn't like FFXI where you can just literally run out of the zone to safety, only to find the mob to reappear as soon as you reenter the zone.

This is entirely different. If you jump out of say a dungeon or sewers, and IMMEDIATELY reenter the dungeon/sewer whatever the mob that was attacking you is completely gone. Nowhere in sight. The mob who had aggroed you immediately teleports back to its original location once you leave that zone.

I've found this extremely helpful for leveling in Freeport in the sewers. There are some extremely strong mobs called "Ravage Cubes" (just like the names sound they are aggressive boxes....kind of odd and out of place but htey drop good stuff). With my mage I bind them to the ground when possible and blast away with powerful mage combos. They grant a ton of XP. I just kite them back as far as possible.

If for whatever reason my bind spell constantly fails, and the cube/cubes beat me to a pulp I just bounce up the ladder if I fear death is at hand and try again.

Good way to farm a particular mob.

Return to “EQ2 Tips”