Scribing Exploit and Suzuri Ink

Everquest II Tips
PostBot

I was dorking around with making Adept 3's last night, only at level 14 Scholar so for me a Ward of Spirits is white(even). After making the hella expensive suzuri ink to scribe the scroll i procede to the table and began. To my dismay, the progress bar wouldn't move at all. I just continued to lose quality, and when I would gain some, it would drop right back off. Naturally I started spamming trade skills, and as I did, watched my scribing skill go up 3 times in 30 seconds.

After the smoke was cleared, I was unable to scribe the scroll. You can imagine I was P.O'ed thinking I had just lost my suzuri ink which had to have rare coral (or silver) to craft. But upon reading the message "You stopped the process, fuel components were used" I checked my inventory and everything else was still there... the paper, the quill, and the INK! I had only lost the incense. So I ran upstairs, bought a whole stack of incense and began to repeat the process. Only this time, I spammed the tradeskills as much as I could, watched my scribing skill go up 3 levels every second or third round. I just stopped the process before the first scroll was made and retained all materials except the incense. Was able to bring scribing from 39 to 74 (max for my level) in about 10-15 mins tops and it cost me a whopping 1s 20c.

Not sure how well this would work for other arts because scribing buffs don't use much power at all and the process takes forever to make the first level of product giving you ample time to spam away the tradeskill and then break away clean.

Return to “EQ2 Tips”