How to kill uber mobs w/ necro and bot.

Dark Age of Camelot Tips
PostBot

My Necro is 50 Deathsight and 20 Deathservant and my bot is 50 enhance w/ +25% to buff effectiveness and MoA3.

The 2 things you need to know.

1. Necro damage shield wasnt nerfed like the focus shield spells.
2. A necro pet will still receive benefits from any chants over any distance as long as theyre located in the same zone.

Find the mob you want to kill and try to get it away from other aggro if possible (some mobs can leave their "arena")

Engage the mob and immediately start using your level 18 damage shield, you can try to lifetap or powertap sometimes. But, I usually just damage shield to save power, most of the other spells get resisted a lot and are a waste of power.

If the pet starts to get low on health you can group heal w/ your cleric that you left grouped at the haven or closest town to your camp spot (the cleric wont get aggro because its so far away). Make sure you cast the heal proc whenever its getting close to wearing off, the proc saves so much healing and makes most of this possible.

It will take a while to kill the mobs, but being able to farm something yourself is 20x better than having to form a group and lotto all the gear off.

A Higher Deathservant spec would be nice too, but I wanted to keep my necro useful for artifact leveling as well.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you have to recast the damage shield every 30 secs, its not permanent.

Return to “DAOC Tips”