Pet Bug, Mad XP

Everquest II Secrets Exploits
burners
Site Admin

Ok this bug is awesome!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get it nerfed by blabbing to all your friends if you own a pet!!!!!!

I keep it to myself no one in my guild knows about it!!!!

Ok, now this might work for all pets.......but I'm a Necro....

Ok, what I do;

I've done it two ways, by making the pet sit in a safe spot and/or just having the pet follow me. You want to make sure you are doing it in a safe spot. Like I've used this PLENTY of times in TS infront of the Skeletons by the Centars, I think by tower 2 or 3. Anyway this mainly works in big open zones. I would say it works 70% of the time. It's hard to get to work on flying creatures but giants are proably the easiest. I've killed plenty of named with this trick SOLO, that the con tells me a few groups would be needed smile.gif. I soloed Gustfeather once, so it DOES work on flying creatures, but its a pain. Once you get use to it, it's pretty easy.

Ok here goes..........pet sits in spot, or follows, (notice pet sitting in spot works more often). Give enough room between your pet and the MoB that will allow you to run up to the MoB to get aggro, BUT DON'T LET IT HIT YOU!! Let it just SEE you, then run backwards towards the area of your pet keeping your eye on the MoB. I usually end up passing my pet a bit, but don't let the MoB pass your pet! When it gets, what would be about 5-10 feet in Real Life, from your pet, hit your pet attack button. Your pet should just run up and attack it. (30% of the time the pet tries to cast a spell which sometimes doesn't get the right aggro and the MoB keeps chasing you.) If that happens just run away and start over. IF it worked your pet got the aggro and the MoB will NOT hit your pet. Now when I say NOT hit your pet, the MoB will still parry so be ready for a heal every once and a while. I use the buff for the pet, use it AFTER the pet is tanking the MoB, that gives the pet HPs durning the fight for the occasional parry by the MoB. Now if you do this and your pet's health starts dropping fast, RUN RUN RUN. You'll get use to it after a while and know when it worked and didn't. If you are having problems getting it to work, try from a different angle cause there are different pathings in the game. This works from almost any angle to a giant. Remember if the MoB hits you, it's over, it wont work. You can solo RED ^^ up you can solo anything not in a group and that will aggro you. It must be solo and it must aggro for this to work. I can't tell how how many named MoBs I've killed with this SOLO!!!! Awesome loot and Awesome EXP!!

Again KEEP THIS QUITE!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks,

Mav

Edit - Some adds after reading it.....

Make sure you don't break this aggro, too many heals, too many nukes (Yes you can DoT and Nuke durning this) will break the aggro and screw up everything!! I let about 30 secs go between nukes and ending DoTs before casing another spell. Make sure to use your pet buff AFTER the pet is tanking to save from healing aggro, it will help a bit. Make sure that you COULD cast spells on this MoB as well or it will take HOURS to do. Don't steal mana from your pet unless you go right up between the pet and mob so the pet wont run after you when you steal his health, this will also break the aggro trick. You can do it just go inbetween them and keep your pet fully healed incase of back to back parries, most hit for 300+!!! EEK hehe. HAVE FUN!

Return to “EQ2 Secrets / Exploits”