Any way to find my registration code?

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Bellflower
Helpfull Botter

Hiya everyone.

I want to restore a character I deleted, but SE said I need to give them my registration code in order for them to go through with the process.

I threw away my instruction booklet a while back when I thought I was going to quit for good, so I don't have my registration codes any more.

I still have FFXI installed on my computer. Is there any way to browse through the files or something and find the registration code? I don't even know if this is possible, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'll just buy another copy of the game I guess if there's no other way. ^^;
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Unfortunately no there is no way arround it so yeah I'd go grab a new copy.
Bellflower
Helpfull Botter

Heh, yeah I figured I'd probably have to just buy another copy. ^^

I asked on Alla, and they said I'd need the original registration code that I got when I first bought the game. Is that true? If so, then that means I can't just go out and buy a new copy and give them that code... I'd be out of luck. ; ;
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

That's true. Sorry I forgot to mention a new copy will not allow you to resurect that character.

However I still suggest you buy a new copy, or be ready to, and make sure you have your login, password, and memberID/polID or whatever written down somewhere safe.

The reason is that if anything ever happens to your computer or you want to play on another computer etc... you will need to be able to resinstall ffxi which will require the registration keys(I'm pretty sure). Once you have ffxi installed on the machine you can use your old accounts memberID/login and password to play your old account from that machine. I can't remember if you'll need the expansion keys to open access to expansion areas or if you can just install the expansions and not register them.
Bellflower
Helpfull Botter

Oh well. Guess I'll just start a new character. A fresh start is always nice, heh. ^^;

Thanks for all your help, evildr! ^^

Return to “FFXI General Chat”