Iocaine Server Outtages

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Doing some maintenance on the database, but only the Beta users will be affected.

Edit: Should be back up and going. If you still get server errors, please start a post for it.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Power went out. Back up now.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Rebooting after maintenance.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I made a mistake when updating the beta version and overwrote some incorrect files. I had to take down the update server until I get it worked out. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Edit: Back up.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Going down for 5 minutes for a hardware upgrade.

Hammy025
Site Admin

I had a hardware failure during the day. I'll be moving the server to a new machine shortly and post when it's back up.
Hammy025
Site Admin

The web server outage was completely coincidental with the Iocaine outage, but at least they're both up again. Once I get my failed hardware RMA'd and replaced, I'll have to do this all over again. No idea when that will be, but it won't be down nearly as long next time.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Maintenance reboot.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Maintenance reboot.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Maintenance reboot.

Hammy025
Site Admin

There's currently an issue with the server. I'm working on it. I'll post again when things are back up and running.

Edit: Still working on things. The server will be up and down a couple more times before I'm done. Should be up most of the time.

Edit 2: All finished.
Hammy025
Site Admin

The server is temporarily offline. It should be up shortly.
Hammy025
Site Admin

My power just glitched, lights dimmed for a fraction of a second. My POL's all went to R0 for a couple of seconds, then came back up. Seems like all should be well. But for some odd reason, the Iocaine server VM crashed. I'm guessing that's what happened a few weeks ago when the server went down, but I couldn't figure out why. Luckily this time I was still awake and promptly booted it back up, so I doubt anyone noticed. If it happens again I may (sadly) have to invest in a backup power system :-(
Hammy025
Site Admin

Maintenance reboot.

Hammy025
Site Admin

There's a good chance that the server will be down tomorrow evening/night (PDT) while I reroute the main data cables in my house. As mentioned in some obscure thread somewhere, currently my Cat5e run from my NID to my office runs right next to the power supply line from the main panel to the sub panel. So anytime something large kicks on like the A/C or the vacuum cleaner it glitches the network. This should hopefully fix the problem for good.

I'll post again at least a couple of hours before it goes down. So if possible, set up your fisher and get Iocaine running before it goes down and then DON'T ZONE. As long as you don't zone, log off (change characters), or change rods it should keep running.

Edit: Things didn't go according to plan today so this will have to wait. Hopefully I'll get it done next weekend.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”