NM Sight// NO MISVOKES!!!! Mob Displacement

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Provoking software.
Jinzoh
Programmer

Haha lol
i figured out how to make MOBS DISAPEAR :D
from https://www.killingifrit.com/page.php?id=229 they have identified what each .dat file in the C:/Program Files/PlayOnline/SquareEnix/FINAL FANTASY XI/Rom 1 and 2 folder that corrisponds to each mob type by useing the program Filemon. With this you can temporaly remove the .dat files to make them invisible...Thus you can make it so you only see the disirired NM/s. although some of the files crash FFXI when you remove them but thats not many(just fafnir that i know of) and i think you can just replace those wiht a Taru or something and /targetnpc will still work =) I have tested this with Argus and Stroper Chyme so far and it works amazing.... No Misvokes, no worries :D just be carful when you heal lol i've had aggro form invisible bats >.> things get wierd when you fight an arrow...

Filemon >>> https://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html or attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jinzoh
Programmer

Set Filter to include Rom 3~9 // Use Find> Attributes: A to find what files signify mob imgs. after the update the list on Killing Ifrit will probaly reset, so whenever you go to hunt NMs or whatever you can use that technique in widowed mode to remove local mobs. PLEASE POST WHAT .DAT corrisponds to each Mob/mob type. right now i dont know what the best way to cause ffxi to bring up the file again. It seems to do it randomly/when it spawns/when you see it.[/b]
Ziyco
Pro Botter

Im Like a Computer Retard. How the hell do i use Filemon? i dont understand what to do. Please Explain what this Filemon does, i mean lmao i have no idea what im doing. im Stupid how to i temorarly Remove the .DAT Files?
skynet2
Intermediate Botter

u can see it too from Model Viewer. with the model viewer are a lot of docs of lists about npc's and weapons, dresses, where u can see where is the .dat files in the Final FantasyXI folder in Program Files. u dont need to use any kind of rare program to see it, as easy as use the model viewer. This example is to hunt Argus in Maze of Shakrami, u only have to clear or move 104 and 105 dat files from the folder as i show in this picture.
OMG i forgot to put the Square Enix folder lol

directions are c:\program files\playonline\square enix\finalfantasyXI\"Rom"\"number of folder"\"number of dat file".dat

Jinzoh
Programmer

Hey can you please post that as a attachment?^^ whenever i look for that i always end up in a dead end at Killing ifrit getting pissed... it always goes to some FTP errror site ;_;
skynet2
Intermediate Botter

any1 who want use the model viewer, here is it. Enjoy it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jinzoh
Programmer

Thank you :D
Runeblade
Pro Botter

lol thanks for the information can't wait to see if those bats are gone now after FFXI is up again lol
Jinzoh
Programmer

Hey Ziyco, just use Modle viewer to find out what Mob corrisponds to each .Dat file and about temporaly removing it.... temporaly remove it lol just remove it o.O rename ending or move the files, but if you move the files keep the file structure...otherwise you might say mix up 3.dat from folder 4 with the one from folder 5 or some messed up thing like that
Runeblade
Pro Botter

-_- i think it'd be easier to rename the end with just a lil (!) lol or anything
Jinzoh
Programmer

yea it is easier to just rename ending or something^^

BTW make nms into big unmissable things lol like make Jack a wyvern so it stands out :D
Runeblade
Pro Botter

or you can just make a small NM like leaping lizzy to the shadow lord =D
Runeblade
Pro Botter

is it true that when you don't put back the .dat files back in the folder they were supposed to be and do a update you'd have to re-install FFXI? ^^
zonecode88

if im not mistaken i believe that was for .dll files not .dat
Runeblade
Pro Botter

oh thanks a relief atleast to hear a maybe lol my dumb friend told me that.. was making sure :blingsmile:

Return to “Help - Provoking Bot”